Christmas

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer

Not too sure where this summer has gone.  This is the busiest I can remember us being.  We got back from the beach and had about 4 days to unpack and unwind and then it was 4th of July!  In what seems to be a new (and funny) tradition, we pulled our camper to my sister's house and camped in her driveway for the second year.  They have a great 4th party with tons of family and friends.   Then last week the kids and I babysat my 3 month old nephew, Connor. He was such a great baby for us!  A friend and I took our combined 5 kids that week down to children's day at the arts festival last Wednesday.  After that we thought we had a free Saturday with the kids staying over for their usual Friday night sleepover at Nana and Pop's house.  A quick phone call and that all changed...we all got to be part of a parade with some good friends who are involved with a baton group.  Matt got to throw candy and Alexis held the banner for the group, complete with the cute little outfit (she was invited to be a twirler but was upset that she didn't know the routine).  The parade was then followed by a fun filled birthday party.   And now this week we've been to vacation bible school all week (it ends on Thursday) and then Friday we leave on a somewhat last minute trip to Tennessee.  We're looking forward to some warm weather-it's been very mild here this summer so far.  Combine this with my class and all the other 'normal' activities and I'm ready for some relaxing.  I can't complain though, we've had a great time and are loving life!!  I have tons of pictures and as soon as I find my camera cable I'll be sure to post them!!  Love to all-Megan

No comments: