Christmas

Monday, December 8, 2008

Oh Christmas tree...




Ok, so tonight we decorated our tree. The kids decided to play around with the Candy Land game while Mike and I were stringing the lights. We were just listening to their conversation as we hung the lights. No biggie, same as usual. Then, it took a sudden change:

Matthew starts "flicking" the Candy Land cards around:

Alexis: "Hey Flicker"
Matt: "Don't call me Flicker"
Alexis: "Hey Flick"
Matt: "Flick"
Alexis: "Hey Dick"
Matt: "Hey Dick"
Alexis: "You're Dick"
Matt: "You're Dick"
Alexis: "Well you're Dick Lick" ( I hope you're all laughing as much as Mike and I were at this point, to each other of course!!)

And this continued for a few more minutes as Mike and I just chuckled to ourselves and marveled at how well our children can rhyme at such a young age!! I think we have a few poets on our hands :)

But our tree is up, it looks nice and we're ready for Santa to visit us!

2 comments:

jean said...

I love those moments!! Very funny

Susie PSU said...

You'll HAVE to remind them of the nicknames when there, oh, about 20!