Christmas

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fun Weekend

We had a great weekend and now we are all beat! As a matter of fact, it is 8:40pm and Mike has already headed upstairs!

Friday the kids spent the night with Nana and Pop while we went out with a group of friends. What a great time we had laughing and just hanging out. Saturday welcomed us with a fresh coating of snow that continued all morning. Alexis had a soccer game at 11 and then because of the snow we went over to our friend's, the Moyer's, house and had lunch and the kids played for a few hours. That way we didn't have to drive home and then back in for the 3:30 birthday party Alexis attended at the bowling ally. Then it was off to Chuck and Jane's for dinner and then finally bed time. Today has brought us another busy day starting with church and then home for a quick lunch before our PSU activities. While I took the kids to church, Mike ran 12 miles with his running group as they start to ramp up their training for the April marathon. Mike and I then went to the wrestling match for the highly anticipated PSU/Iowa match and we weren't able to pull it off. We certainly didn't look like the #1 team in the nation. It was fun to watch though, as I haven't been to a wrestling match in about 13 years! We were given 4 awesome Lady Lion basketball tickets so Nana and Pop took the kids to watch the game and were thrilled to be in the front row. Alexis will be getting a t-shirt this week autographed by the whole team and she is beyond excited. (It helps to know the man working the game table!!)

I am planning to drive to Altoona on Tuesday for an informational meeting with the PSU Altoona nursing school to make sure I have all my ducks in a row to apply later this fall for next falls program. I hope I do because I am getting very excited about it! I say I'm 'planning' to go because we're in line for a pretty good snow and ice storm on Tuesday and Wednesday. I guess if I miss this one I'll have to plan for the March date and we all know what a good planner I am!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wish we could have joined you on Friday night....sounds like it was fun! Hoping to see you at some point this week.