Christmas

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Happenings

I love this time of year. I love everything about it...the sights, the sounds, the smells, the joy. Last night Matt's preschool had an Advent Family Fun Night where we could have pizza and the kids could make crafts and play games. It makes me sad to think that it was our last one as he'll be in kindergarten next year. We enjoyed ourselves there and then a few of the Moms sent the kids home with Daddy and we went out for a bit. I really do have a great group of friends and I am so blessed. This morning I took the kids (while Mike is out hunting) to an event called the Elve's Gift Shop. It was our first year but I can see this becoming a yearly event for us. You can give the kids as much money as you want and all items are between $1-$4. Then you give them a list of people to buy for and the 'elves' (girl scouts) take the around to do their shopping while the adults enjoy some silent auctions, cookies and a few other 'grown up' vendors. They loved going shopping all by themselves and telling me what they got everyone. I am anxious to see what they got for Mike and I. We're going to finish the last minute decorating and watch a holiday cartoon.

We had a sad event this week as one of our cats, Java, went to Heaven. He got sick about 5 weeks ago and went downhill very fast. Alexis was most affected by it and many tears were shed but she's adjusting well to it.

We are still waiting for Grandma Jane to get home from the hospital. She's improving and doing better so it's looking like it will be sometime within the next couple of days. Betsy is up for the next week and has been taking good care of her in the hospital as well as helping with things at home. We sure do appreciate her being here!

Enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I agree with you - great, great friends - and you're definitely one of mine!